The Balik Probinsya, Bagong Pag-asa program is a flagship project of the Philippine government that aims to decongest Metro Manila and other highly urbanized cities by relocating informal settlers and underutilized housing units in other municipalities and provinces. It is hoped that this will reduce crime and pollution rates as well as help boost economic activity in these areas.
The program provides financial assistance and other support to individuals and families who want to return to their hometowns. It also includes infrastructure projects that will spur economic activity in the countryside.
We will take a closer look at the Balik Probinsya Program and its potential impact on Philippine society.
What Is Balik Probinsya Program, Bagong Pag-asa Program
What is the BALIK PROBINSYA, BAGONG PAG-ASA PROGRAM? In a nutshell, it is a government initiative that seeks to boost rural development through the equitable distribution of resources throughout the country.
Under the program, each qualified family will be given financial assistance of up to PHP 100,000 to help with their relocation and resettlement costs. If you are interested in applying for the program, read on to find out more about the requirements and application process.
In accordance with the program’s long-term intentions on diverse investments in infrastructure, agriculture, business, transportation, and access to a responsive healthcare system, “government agencies will assure the continual improvement of economies and quality of life in the provinces.”
Options for a living available under the BPP:
- Agri-business Manufacturing
- Health, and employment, and social welfare
- BPO and online employment
- wellness and spa
- Bars and Food
- transport and relocation services
- Service projects
The BPP will also give local governments the tools they need to create resilient communities and manage upcoming crises well.
How to Apply for the Balik Probinsya, Bagong Pag-Asa Program
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the program.
- Go to the official website of the program and fill out the form. You can also visit the nearest office of the BPP Center and fill out the assessment form.
- You will need to provide your full name, present address, SSS/GSIS number, TIN, and contact details. You will also need to choose one from the technical skills on the system-generated list.
- Fill out the fields asking about your Destination (the local address you intend to return to, whether you are alone or with family, and the reason for applying).
- Provide three contact persons (head of the family, spouse/partner, and friend/family).
- Answer the Assessment questions about going back to the province and the technical skills you prefer to learn.
- Agree on the terms and conditions.
- Once you’ve completed the form, click “Submit”.
- Wait for an email or call from a representative of the BPP.
The Pros And Cons Of The Balik Probinsya Bagong Pag-Asa Program
While the program has been praised by some as a way to address the housing crisis and ease pressure on urban infrastructure, others have criticized it as unconstitutional and elitist.
The Pros Of The Balik Probinsya, Bagong Pag-Asa Program
There are several potential benefits of the Balik Probinsya, Bagong Pag-Asa Program.
- One is that it could ease pressure on overcrowded urban areas and overburdened infrastructure.
- According to the National Economic Development Authority, the program could also help balance regional development, promote social equity, and generate employment opportunities in rural areas.
- TheBalik Probinsya program has the potential to promote economic activity in rural areas by giving residents an incentive to set up businesses there. By relocating to their provinces of origin, residents will be able to tap into their existing networks and start businesses that cater to the needs of their community. This will not only create jobs but also help boost the economy of rural areas.
- Another positive aspect of the program is that it offers financial assistance and other incentives to participants. This could make it easier for low-income families or individuals to make the transition from city to province. Additionally, the program provides job placement assistance, which could help reduce unemployment rates.
The Cons Of The Balik Probinsya, Bagong Pag-Asa Program
- Critics of the Balik Probinsya, Bagong Pag-Asa Program argue that it is unconstitutional and elitist. Under the Philippine Constitution, all Filipinos are guaranteed the right to choose their place of residence.
- By offering financial incentives for people to move to provincial areas, critics say that the program violates this constitutional right. Others argue that the program is elitist because it favors those who can afford to leave the city and relocate to rural areas.
- Another criticism of the program is that it fails to address underlying reasons why people migrate to urban areas in the first place. Oftentimes, people move to cities in search of better jobs and economic opportunities. If these opportunities do not exist in provincial towns, then participants in theBalik Probinsya, Bagong Pag-Asaprogram may simply end up returning to urban areas after their subsidy runs out.
- There is a risk that theBalik Probinsya program could exacerbate problems in rural areas such as poverty and lack of health care facilities . This is because relocating large numbers of people to rural areas could strain existing resources and infrastructure. Whether or not this is a risk worth taking depends on each individual’s assessment of the situation.
The Role Of Balik Probinsya Program In Covid 19
The role of the Balik Probinsya Program (BPP) during the COVID-19 pandemic cannot be understated. The BPP provides financial assistance to Filipinos who wish to return to their provinces of origin. It also covers the cost of transportation and quarantine expenses for those who need it.
The program is open to all Filipino citizens who are currently residing in Metro Manila and who have lost their jobs due to the pandemic. They will also be provided with free housing, and healthcare.
In addition, the program will also provide participants with free job training and placement assistance. The goal of the program is to help participants find new jobs so that they can eventually return to Metro Manila.
Video: How to Apply Balik Probinsya Program, Bagong Pag-asa Program
This video is all about how to apply for the Balik Probinsya Program or the Bagong Pag-asa Program. If you want to learn more about the program and how to apply, make sure to watch the video!
The Balik Probinsya, Bagong Pag-asa Program is one way that the government is working to improve rural areas. By giving people the opportunity to move back to their hometowns, the hope is that they will be able to find work and start businesses there.
If you’re thinking of applying for the program, make sure you do your research and understand all of the requirements before doing so. With careful planning and execution, this program can be a great way to improve your life and help boost rural economies.